Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Our Bornem site develops and manufactures a wide range of innovative dosage forms for the biopharmaceutical and consumer health & nutrition industries and has evolved into a global player in high volume capsule manufacturing.
We are currently looking for an Automation Engineer. As an Automation Engineer you will be involved in all automation related projects in support of existing and new installations and act as an expert.
- You are perfectly aware of all automation parts and networks (PLC) located at Capsugel Bornem (gatekeeper)
- You determine the maintenance strategy of these components, make the necessary risk analyses and draw up procedures/checklists/work instructions so that you can intervene efficiently in case of failures.
- You manage and monitor the 'best practices' and can exchange about this with the Engineers of other plants and of the group.
- You develop relationships with our suppliers and stay abreast of trends and evolutions.
- You are responsible for the training of our E&A Maintenance Engineers and technicians in the field of automation. You ensure that they are able to handle the breakdowns but continue to support them in second line in case of complex breakdowns.
- In larger project teams (e.g. installation of new lines), you are responsible from A-Z for the partial implementation of automation in the project.
- In addition, you also lead your own smaller projects in the context of continuous improvements and reliability (eg renewal of certain parts).
The position is part of a guard system where you will on call 1 week every 4 weeks
- Bachelor degree or Master’s degree in engineering
- A solid experience in a similar role in an industrial environment.
- Fluent in Dutch and in English.
- You are a passionate about automation, have an analytical mind and a solution oriented approach to your work.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.