Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Our Bornem site develops and manufactures a wide range of innovative dosage forms for the biopharmaceutical and consumer health & nutrition industries and has evolved into a global player in high volume capsule manufacturing. To strengthen our Maintenance team, we are currently looking for an Automation Engineer. You are responsible for supporting the electrical operation of a large number of complex automated production processes.
- Determining the maintenance strategy of these components, make the necessary risk analyses and draw up procedures/checklists/work instructions to intervene efficiently in case of malfunctions.
- Managing and monitoring the 'best practices' and can exchange with the Engineers of other plants and of the group.
- Providing solutions for recurring problems, interventions or alarms
- guaranteeing a reliable high and low voltage distribution within the company (No Break)
- Building relationships with our suppliers and stay abreast of trends and evolutions.
- Training of our E&A Maintenance Engineers and Technicians. You ensure that they are able to handle the breakdowns but continue to support them in second line in case of complex breakdowns.
- In larger project teams (e.g. installation of new lines), you are responsible for the electrical part from A-Z.
- You ensure that our electrical installations meet all requirements as described in the A.R.E.I. (documentation, inspections and related corrective actions)
The position is part of a guard system where you will on call 1 week every 4 weeks
- Bachelor degree or Master’s degree in engineering
- An extensive experience in maintenance with a focus the electrical maintenance of industrial equipment .
- Fluent in Dutch and in English.
- You are a passionate about your job, have an analytical mind and a solution oriented approach to your work.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.