Project / Program Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As a Scientific Project / Program Manager, you will have full responsibility and accountability for all operational aspects in leading a cross functional project team to deliver on all scope objectives with the highest level of quality. You will be the single point of contact to the customer whilst being the customers advocate within the Lonza network with the goal of achieving total customer satisfaction
- Lead project execution after deal closure with ultimate accountability for project initiation, planning, execution and control (cost, time, quality and risk)
- Direct and motivate multi-disciplinary project teams and keep team members accountable to deliver
- Conduct internal and external Project Team Meetings to ensure that all stakeholders and the customer are working in accordance to the agreed to Project Plan.
- Ensure that the Program delivers to the agreed objectives and is successful for Lonza and the Customer
- Secure required resources and capacity commitments and obtain buy-in of all relevant stakeholders.
- Single point of contact for all operational aspects of the Program
- Understand Customer needs and commit to project scope and timelines. Secure agreement to the plan from the project team and the customer.
- Represent the Customer Project within the Lonza Network and is the Customers’ advocate on-site
- In conjunction with Sales, ensure customer satisfaction throughout the life of the project
- Must have previous relevant experience in project/program management
- Must have technical competency in areas of Pharmaceutical Industry related to cGMP, regulatory standards and Biotech processing.
- MS Project skills are required. Prior experience with MS Excel MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- PMP or Prince2 desirable
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation structure is desirable
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.