QC Specialist I
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
QC Specialist Level 1 supports the Quality Control group by managing samples and documentation for the department. Performs sample receipt, aliquoting, and storage, coordinates /performs shipments to external customers and testing sites, creates /modifies LIMS templates, performs reconciliation of test results from the QC labs as well as external laboratories. Follow through on action items and participate in problem solving of issues.
- Perform sample receipt, aliquoting, and sample storage.
- Segregate samples appropriately and ensure testing samples are placed in the correct location / lab.
- Processes retain samples into appropriate locations for long term storage.
- Discard retains after batch release.
- Prepare and ship samples to external lab for testing.
- Support batch release by performing reconciliation of documentation including test records and LIMs results from both internal and external laboratories and ensure that completed IPTP and QPS have been submitted to QA to meet batch releases.
- Participate and represent QC in operation and batch release meetings.
- Maintain and review sample logbooks for completeness and accuracy.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Must have attention to detail and good investigation, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with people and communicate negative information and obtain positive results
- Capable of being flexible as required tasks change and maintain productivity
- Keeps project leads and team members informed of the status of assigned work
- Must be a strong, dependable team player
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office applications
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.