Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Walkersville is looking for a Traffic Associate to join our team. This individual will be responsible for routing shipments with preferred carriers, completing required shipping documentation and interacting with carriers regrading freight claims, quotes and invoicing. This individual will also maintains files and records of shipments pertinent to Distribution functions.
- Routes foreign and domestic shipments by assigning freight carrier.
- Interacts with carriers for shipments status reports, freight quotes and claims
- Schedules outbound pick-ups and returns pick-up.
- Completes required shipping documentation.
- Completes departmental metrics, POD’s, Trackwise complaints and filing.
- Completes inbound freight clearances.
- Approves carrier invoices for payment.
- Submits purchase requisitions for supplies.
- Performs timekeeper functions.
- Performs department training coordinator functions.
- Complete ongoing Employee Health & Safety (EHS) awareness training
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- IATA/DOT certification and maintain periodic re-certification.
- SAP experience is required.
- Import/export experience is preferred.
- Expresses values of the company in a positive manner.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Constructive proactive communication.
- Positive team oriented attitude.
- Excellent work record (includes tardiness and absenteeism record).
- Attention to detail, producing minimal error rate.
- Computer software skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook or equivalent
- Ability to achieve/maintain certifications (hazmat, notary, etc.)
- Ability to comply with detailed procedures.
- Ability to perform math with assistance of calculator.
- Ability to prepare and follow routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to sort, check, count and verify numbers.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.