Manufacturing Technician II, Services
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for aseptic cleaning, sanitizing, and monitoring clean room manufacturing facilities, equipment and associated support areas. The role is responsible for executing assigned processes while strictly adhering to established written procedures, cGMP, environmental health and safety guidelines and any other related regulations. The role is also responsible for completing and documenting required training and applicable qualifications required to perform job duties. The incumbent will be actively involved in continuous improvement of the functions and processes within the department and will support wider departmental projects and associated quality initiatives. He/She will be required to work in a sterile environment using special gowning. Incumbent must be willing to work overtime as needed and to perform other duties as assigned.
- Set up, operate equipment, and monitor dispensing processes, including liquid and powder weighs, booth set up and cleaning, operation of drum massager, vacuum drum lifters and chart recorders and report production in written and electronic documents in accordance with good manufacturing practice (GMPs) and good documentation procedures (GDPs), review documentation as appropriate
- Attain qualification for all assigned tasks and maintain individual training plan
- Demonstrate proficiency at preparing materials for transport and delivery to manufacturing suites. Perform material movements, transfer raw materials, chemicals into, out of, across the production areas.
- Maintain facility and equipment through routine cleaning and sanitization, support 6S programs
- Administrative tasks – attending shift exchange, meetings, sending/receiving emails, participating in projects, perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent minimum; AS/BS preferred
- Preferred area of study: Science related discipline
- Entry years’ experience in manufacturing, warehouse or dispensing, and/or 12-18 months as a Dispensing Technician I; GMP experience preferred.
- Proven logic and decision making abilities, critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- The employee is living the cultural beliefs with the flexibility to adapt to changing business priorities. Is open to and actively seeks out feedback on their performance and translates that feedback into action.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.