Accounts Payable Clerk (German Speaking)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently seeking a German Speaking Accounts Payable Clerk to join the Accounts Payable team for our global business in our state of the art Shared Service Centre in Manchester, UK.
You will be responsible for enabling timely purchasing invoices at a high volume to ensure relationships between external vendors and internal stakeholders, with a high level of customer service throughout.
- Processing of high volume of purchase invoices (using OCR default) in a timely manner.
- Analyze and minimize unmatched outstanding items and chase through queries.
- Process, reconcile and report on Inter-Company vendors.
- Processing of high volume of travel expense reports.
- Develop effective working relationships with both internal departments and vendors.
- Investigate and initiate queries with vendors in a timely manner.
- Support other areas of the business as and when required. This could include providing project support to R2R/AR functions.
What we need you to have:
- Level of accounting experience, GCSE or equivalent in Math’s/ English, however an AAT qualification or equivalent is preferred.
- You will need to speak German.
- Work experience within Shared Service Centre (SSC) environment preferred with transactional month end closing experience essential. Strong ability to process volumes of invoices.
- Working experience of SAP, OCR and intermediate excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, sumifs.
- Adaptable and solid team player.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritizes work, demonstrate accuracy, pays attention to detail and meet deadlines. Ensure confidentiality and privacy of information is maintained, work in a mature, courteous and professional manner.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.