OE Project Manager, Operational Excellence
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This role exists to provide key support for the site leadership team to deliver business results by working with teams to identify opportunities for improvement and taking accountability for rigorous execution and delivery. At the second level, more is expected of the incumbent with respect to consultation and mentoring, leading and driving projects that will have direct positive impact on the business.
- Execute the OE strategy to identify and develop systems and support for ongoing site efforts: process improvement, daily management system, and culture.
- Work with the business to identify and report milestone project progress and work with project sponsors to elevate major barriers to progress to ensure projects are delivered to plan.
- Develop improvement project business case to secure the necessary support and resources for success. Support departmental improvement efforts in a variety of project team member roles to accelerate delivery of improvements
- Coach teams to establish performance measurements and process control plans to monitor project results and drive sustainability. Communicate project progress and promote project achievements to maintain awareness of improvement activity on site and the network
- Act as a knowledge resource to the site coaching others in the philosophy, methods, tools and techniques of process improvement to increase the capability of the business to respond to problems. Plan, lead, drive and execute improvement projects to deliver successful results using Lean/DMAIC approach.
- Modify and facilitate training sessions of relevant material
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in the Life Sciences or related technical field.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified at a minimum, preferably Black Belt.
- Previous experience in OE, 5 years, preferred but not limited to the biotech industry.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.