Scientific Support Specialist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is hiring a Scientific Customer Service Specialist. We are looking for someone who wants to join a highly motivated team and interested in combining their scientific background with an industrial environment. With strong interpersonal skills, self-motivation and excellent technical knowledge you will be able to generate long-term customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Responds to customer inquiries concerning technical product questions and provides troubleshooting assistance for problems and complaints.
- Provides assistance for both off-site and in-house customer workshops and seminars.
- Prepares trip reports and monthly activities reports for the department manager.
- Maintains detailed log of incoming and outgoing customer contacts and issues.
- Maintains department files and documentation.
- Participates in product group meetings to keep group informed of complaint trends.
- Routinely interfaces with Quality Assurance to drive resolution of customer reported product quality concerns.
- Reviews existing product literature and participates in the development of new product literature.
- Address and process customer complaints according to our Technical Complaint SOP Guidelines and supply complaint information to help drive investigations and audits where needed.
- Develops and presents training material for the Scientific Support team, Sales Representatives and internal personnel.
- Directs the activities of junior team members on projects.
- Develops and implements special projects to support the business.
- PhD, Master’s degree with 2 years experience, Bachelor’s degree with 4 years related experience or H.S. diploma, or equivalent, with 7 plus years related experience. Customer support and cell biology laboratory experience highly desired.
- Extensive knowledge of cell systems, cell morphology, aseptic laboratory technique, tissue culture, and laboratory testing procedures.
- Laboratory experience in cell biology, cell culture, transfection, microbiology, biochemistry or genetics preferred.
- Knowledge of cell biology and anatomy and physiology, genome editing and CRISPR technology
- GMP/ISO Compliance
- Additional skills required: excellent written and oral communication, self-starter, independent, strong work ethic, technical writing, coaching, problem solving, facilitation, diplomacy, negotiation
- Experience in technical and customer support preferred.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.