Strategic Project Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Strategic Project Manager will lead, execute and deliver strategic site projects, accountable for successful delivery, timeline, scope of work, cost / profitability. He/She will be responsible for planning and implementing the project scope in a timely manner, ensuring the cost and benefits are met. Also, responsible for reporting, monitoring and visualization of progress to ensure a successful implementation of site strategic project.
- Lead project execution with ultimate accountability for initiation, planning, execution and control (dashboard).
- The projects will be standalone or sub projects of larger programs of work
- Direct and motivate multi-disciplinary project teams and keep team members and Head of departments accountable to deliver
- Conduct project team meetings to ensure that all stakeholders are working collaboratively in accordance to the agreed to plan.
- Single point of contact for all operational aspects of the project
- Ensure that the project delivers to the agreed objectives and is successful for Lonza
- Define and secure required resources and capacity commitments and obtain buy-in of all relevant stakeholders across R&D, operations, BU and SGIE
- Effective communication of status and risks ensuring internal stakeholder accountability and awareness.
- Timely escalation of critical issues, project risk management and remediation
- Identify project dependencies and develop plans to deliver multiple interdependent projects.
- Establishment and continuous improvement of the Strategic Projects team process, tools and performance
- Degree in a life science discipline or similar
- Broad experience in all aspects of recombinant protein production, ideally using mammalian technology, both early development and GMP related activities across multiple product types
- Proven track record operating in a commercial environment to deliver operational results.
- Competence in reporting/interpreting operational metrics and making appropriate fact based decisions.
- Proven ability to lead others and structure a complex and fast paced organization.
- Significant experience in Operations
- Significant experience in project or program management within the Biologics or related Industry sector for new drug entities targeting IND or IMPD or BLA submissions.
- Proven and demonstrated leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills – highly efficient effective communicator with skills to influence, persuade and gain the cooperation of others at all levels within a matrix management business environment.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.