Quality Assurance Specialist - Document Control (2nd Shift)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Quality Assurance Specialist Level, Document Control is responsible for performing document control duties including management of workflows, controlled printed copies, change request for controlled documents Standard Operating Practices (SOPs), Batch Records, in an electronic documentation management system. This role is 2nd shift and will support other quality systems such as deviations, Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPAs), audits, change controls and training, as needed.
- Assist with the administration of the Electronic Document Management System. Initiate workflows, edit documents, assist other employees on use of the systems, manage documents within workflows, etc.
- Issue production and testing documents as requested by manufacturing, validation and quality control departments
- Utilize Excel spreadsheets and other tracking software to input data used for quality tracking.
- Support and manage the document change requests process
- Responsible for managing the on-site and off-site document storage process for archiving and retrieving documentation
- Support internal / external audits by copying, scanning and distributing various documents as needed
- Perform records management tasks such as filing, scanning, archiving, logbook issuing, and providing electronic copies of archived record requests
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office
- Filling, organization, record keeping, and planning skills
- Written and Oral Communication
- Ability to work 2nd shift hours - typically 2:00 PM -10:00 PM
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.