Materials Management Leader, MAST
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an excellent opportunity for a Materials Management Lead for their MAST program at their Bend, OR location. The Materials Lead will oversee the planning, procurements, storage, control and distribution of materials and products for the MAST portfolio according to the company and customer’s needs. Develop and maintain documented processes.
- Directs production and inventory control, shipping and receiving and materials storage
- Directs production planning and scheduling based on sales forecasts, maintains inventory levels to ensure deliveries meet with customer timelines
- Works with Lonza procurements to schedule timely delivery of materials, supplies and equipment
- Develop and maintain documented processes for receiving, inventory control, shipping and other processes associated with the delivery of MAST products to the market
- Work with Sales, Operations, Development and Service to ensure materials are available so that product can be manufactured and shipped to customers and users based on installation, service and support schedules
- Establishes procedures for conducting and valuing year end physical inventory; identifies opportunities to optimize the processes (for example, reduction in transportation costs and charges)
- Work with Operations and Development to create and maintain material specifications
- Responsible for managing international shipping to customers, partners and distributors
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED required, B.S./B.A. degree preferred
- Ability to implement changes, using change control, to improve quality, efficiency or reduce costs
- Skilled at shipping, receiving and inventory control
- Experience with Excel is essential, experience with SAP very beneficial
- Ability to write and follow written procedures and specifications
- Adaptable and flexible to, for example, helping capture unforeseen revenue or resolve a unique issue
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.