Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an excellent opportunity for a MAST Development Engineer at their Bend, OR location. As the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for MAST platform, this position is responsible for supporting existing hardware and software products and the development of new products to compliment the MAST portfolio. This position works closely with those in Operations, Materials Management and Development to ensure that designs to new products and upgrades of existing products can be seamlessly integrated into the product portfolio.
- Working with others in the Development, Operations and Materials Management to support development of new or improved MAST hardware and software products
- Participate in the innovation and integrated road mapping process for MAST platform
- Design and develop hardware components, create technical drawings and engineering specifications. Ability to analyze systems data to make adjustments to hardware configurations
- Support functionality and performance testing of hardware individually and in tandem with computer systems; collaboration with software developers to ensure the hardware is fit for purpose
- Work closely with the service organization to provide input, technical and customer support as needed, including but not limited to preventative maintenance, installations and hardware / software
- Participate in product delivery to the customer through attendance at project kick off and update meetings, ensuring customers will meet installation requirements. Participate in MAST installations as required
- Act as a conduit for technical information to key departments
- Support documentation initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
- B.S./B.A. degree required
- Skilled with design of hardware components
- Familiar with materials properties and appropriate use applications
- Skilled in CAD programs with emphasis on SolidWorks
- Capable of understanding how software integrates with hardware
- Fundamental understanding of computer systems and programs
- Ability to manage a project to a timeline and budget
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.