Business Development Specialist, Discovery - South East Remote Team
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech is looking for a Business Development Specialist to join their North America Remote Business Development and Sales team. This will be a home-based position.
The Business Development Specialist will manage a large number of low and medium dollar volume accounts within their assigned territory. They will own the full sales cycle for their accounts, using supporting Lonza functions as needed (Product Sales Specialist for Drug Discovery, Scientific Support, Product Manager, etc.). This candidate will focus on products within the Lonza Biosciences Discovery portfolio market and identify and secure new accounts within the low and median opportunity segment that have the potential to develop into high-volume accounts for Lonza Biosciences.
- Manage accounts of approx. 10K to 150K
- Deliver on monthly and annual sales targets
- Own the full sales cycle (opportunity identification, acquisition, implementation, expansion, and renewal) for assigned accounts within their territory
- Secures new customers and accounts within their territory to build sales in Lonza's discovery pipeline. Significant emphasis on business development activities
- Manage the sales funnel from new opportunity generation through closing
- Develop mid- and long-term profitable business within their assigned accounts/territory
- Coordinate support resources within Lonza to meet customer needs
- Provide solutions from the Lonza Biosciences Discovery portfolio to address their customers’ needs
- Understand and appropriately communicate the Biosciences portfolio and Lonza’s value proposition to its customers
- Develop product knowledge, applications capabilities, regulatory knowledge, and product justification in order to be recognized as the expert in the field. Maintain account awareness and expertise in the evolving market and competitive landscape
- Organize, plan, and schedule time to provide optimum and effective account and territory coverage
- When requested, serve as team lead to coach others to achieve high performance
- Record activities and client information in the CRM database on a daily and timely basis
- Possesses ability to work autonomously from a home-based office as well as contribute to the overall team performance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in direct sales and business development in relevant life sciences industry
- Core territory management skills (prospecting, funnel management, closing, etc.) and sales skills that create customer value. Adept at consultative selling, technical selling, and effective sales presentations
- Knowledge and experience in the disciplines of drug discovery and pre-clinical development with knowledge of manufacturing, quality control, quality control, and the biotech/biopharma industry. Knowledge of cell biology, microbiology, molecular biology, and/or biochemistry preferred.
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office and CRM
- Interpersonal skills and comfort with public speaking in front of small groups
- Communicate effectively and collaborate successfully within own team as well as cross-functionally
- Effective listening skills, independent, self-directed, team-oriented, with strong work ethic
- Ability to travel 10% of time for business
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.