Associate Engineer, Calibration
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is currently looking to hire an Associate Engineer, Instrument Calibration to join the Engineering Team. You will be responsible for calibrating and troubleshooting GMP instruments at our Tuas manufacturing site.
- Executes routine and calibration work orders as assigned by the Engineer/ Supervisor.
- Responsible for ensuring all GMP documentation related to calibration activities is completed accurately and processed to full completion.
- Perform shift or be available on-call when required & to support ongoing operations.
- Perform tasks that are routine in nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Ensuring regulatory/ customer inspection readiness
- Perform calibration and basic troubleshooting problems related to field instrumentation.
- Ability to read PID drawing, Instrument loop drawing and instrument panel drawing.
- Executes calibration work order, follows calibration procedures & instructions while
- Performing calibration works on all equipment in the facility.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance and calibration of all instrumentation supporting manufacturing facility.
- Diploma or a relevant Trade Certificate with at least 2-3 years of relevant work experience in calibration of instruments in the Pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in troubleshooting of field instrumentation and working on tight schedules.
- Detailed and Quality conscious
- Ability to follow SOPs and instructions
- Diligent in performing operational checks
- Experience in SCADA or DCS panel operations essential
- Troubleshooting skills
- Good Communication skills
- Excellent Team player
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.