Customer Service Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Manager. The individual will be responsible for ensuring the customer service teams are staffed to provide customers with adequate coverage, have the necessary training and resources to successfully perform their work, and that they provide exceptional service to internal/external customers. Additionally, they will utilize call center data to continually improve operations and the customer experience for call handling and order management.
- Manage day-to-day contact/call center activities and operations.
- Conduct effective resource planning to maximize the productivity of resources (people, technology etc.)
- Interview, hire, train, coach and provide training to personnel to maintain high customer service standards
- Provide coaching and assistance to call center representatives on an ongoing basis.
- Understands, develops, implements, and enforces key Contact/Call Center KPIs and metrics.
- Collect and Analyze call center statistics and make recommendations to achieve goals, increase employee capabilities, job satisfaction and improve daily operations and the overall customer experience.
- Guide the team to achieve performance metrics, troubleshoot problem areas, and recommend corrective/preventative action plans to manage the workload.
- Lead and direct audits in order to improve business processes and activities.
- Develop presentations, programs, and talks to motivate and educate contact/call center representatives.
- Communicate company goals to associates so every employee understands his or her role in contribution to the ‘big picture’.
- Conduct routine 1:1 meetings with employees to evaluate and ensure engagement, productivity and performance of key metrics (accuracy, calls handled, orders processed, chats, etc.,)
- Assist in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as call center manager or similar position
- Proven management of on/off phone processes and electronic process
- Hire, coach and mentoring track record
- Experience in customer service is required
- Strong and Proven skills of: Process management, Process Improvement, Planning, Analysis
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and customer service metrics
- Solid understanding of reporting and budgeting procedures
- Experience in basic financial analysis (cost-effectiveness, cost-benefit etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office and call center equipment/software programs
- SAP system experience preferred
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with a problem-solving ability
- Positive and patient
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of management
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.