Trade Compliance Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an opportunity for a Global Trade Compliance manager EMEA in EMEA region. The ideal candidate must have solid background in international trade, import/export operations, import/export compliance, or equivalent experience. In this role, you will be responsible to determine import / export classifications
and the tariff classification according to the international Harmonized Tariff system. For customs procedures (mainly CH and EU), duty optimization, origin determination, control and due diligence for shipments to embargoed or sanctioned countries, import / export control incl. license management, contact point for authorities and internal customer
- Responsible for the tariff classification, ensuring imported and exported merchandise is classified correctly according to the international Harmonized Tariff system, administrative and judicial decisions. (Mainly TARIC, TARES)
- Import and export control classification and maintenance of compliance data in an automated import/export software (SAP)
- Preferential and non-preferential origin handling. Calculation of preferential origin per Free Trade Agreement in SAP GTS and manual calculation.
- Management of Long term vendor declaration / preferential origin statements for inbound and outbound
- Single Contact of Swiss & EU Customs Authorities – Lead and perform external Customs audits
- Monitor changes in Swiss and EU trade regulations, alert business and implement procedures
- Application and management of licenses. Establish yearly statistics about imports/exports of controlled products - Import – Export control
- Denied Party screening
- Customer due diligence for embargoed or sanctioned countries. High Risk Country checks and EUD process. Block / Release process
- Establish SOP’s, guidelines and training materials
- Responsible for Customs procedures within EMEA, check if simplified customs procedures, duty optimizations may be applicable
- Business contact to enhance and optimize SAP systems and processes in regards to Trade Compliance, such as origin, preference, import-exports, trade checks etc.
- Support business with questions related to customs valuation, customs processes or other Trade Compliance topics
- Extensive experience in international trade, import/export operations, import/export compliance, or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge in customs procedures
- Good knowledge on IT systems (SAP ERP/GTS & office)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, German desirable
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.