Senior Scientist, Purification Development
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Did you know that we are the 1st biologics contract manufacturer in Singapore? We offer you exposure to upcoming biotech and established pharmaceutical companies and to the manufacturing technology needed to produce mammalian treatments and cell therapies of tomorrow. Our global manufacturing network is recognized for its reliable, high-quality services, regulatory track record, global footprint, innovative technology platforms and extensive experience – we, in Singapore are proud to be part of this global network.
You will be joining the Purification Development team within Development Services in Lonza Singapore. The Development Services group are responsible for the development and characterization manufacturing processes used for the production of novel therapeutic recombinant proteins for Lonza’s global client base. The purpose of this role is successfully deliver projects to meet the business goals with a team of junior scientists. This role is also expected to provide technical expertise for the downstream process development activities and to support troubleshooting activities at both laboratory and manufacturing scale.
Based primarily in a new lab in Singapore Tuas, the Process Development team works closely with our Customers, and with different functions including MSAT, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Proposal/Program Management, Supply Chain and Quality Assurance.
- Plan and prepare for work stages to support the delivery of studies for multiple clinical phase (IND) and support late stage validation (BLA) projects.
- Contribute to process development activities by performing supporting laboratory scale studies which may employ DoE methodologies.
- Interpret analytical data provided by the analytical team to define subsequent steps.
- Reviewing/drafting protocols, reports, proposals, presentations and scientific data to maintain the highest level of quality standards within the department
- Deliver high quality communication to ensure an outstanding customer experience (written reports, telecons, face to face meetings).
- Working as part of a site and global project team, co-ordinate multiple projects and ensure timely delivery of project workstages.
- Purification activities include affinity and ion exchange chromatography using the AKTA system, ultrafiltration/diafiltration and viral reduction strategies.
- Degree/PhD in a relevant Science field or Equivalent
- Minimum 5 years work experience or PhD with 2 years postdoctoral experience
- The final role offered will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
- Practical laboratory experience in protein purification is required.
- Understanding of theory and application of protein purification
- Understanding of cGMP regulations will be advantageous
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good team working skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Vaccination status: As the above role requires you to work on-site*, only fully vaccinated** employees will be shortlisted for the role. For fully vaccinated applicants, please indicate your vaccination status as “fully vaccinated” when applying for the role.
*In line with the latest advisory from the Ministry of Manpower, from 1 January 2022 only employees who are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 within the past 180 days, can return to the workplace.
** Lonza adopts the definition of “fully vaccinated” by the Ministry of Health in Singapore which means that you:
(a) have received the full regimen of WHO EUL vaccines from a specific manufacturer; and
(b) have met the prescribed post-vaccination period for the respective vaccine to be fully effective.
For more information, please visit: https://go.gov.sg/vdsmminfo