Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to join our HR Services department within our state of the art facilities within Manchester, UK.
You will manage and oversee our payroll processes for the EMEA region with our third party payroll provider, with responsibility for an accurate payment of the salaries for Lonza employees. You will also be responsible for managing all payroll topics concerning expats in close cooperation with internal and external partners.
- Co-ordinate and oversee accurate payroll information with our third party payroll provider for employees based in Belgium. Instruct and control the payroll provider concerning all legal changes (e.g. withholding tax), non-legal changes (e.g. new premium for accident insurance) and company internal adaptions (e.g. employee regulations).
- Review and verify payroll data, calculate overtime and other pay premiums, and enter payroll data in accordance with country regulations (e.g. withholding tax, social insurance etc.). Perform manual checks and controls.
- Perform payroll-related functions under country and local laws, including but not limited to processing new hires, termination status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposit.
- Oversee maintenance of payroll records and files including but not limited to sick time and vacation and other accrued leave.
- Collect payroll, benefit information from various sources, and provide monthly payroll instructions to our payroll provider. Control the monthly payroll records from payroll provider and approve the payroll.
- Instruct Finance to issue payroll-related payments (salaries, taxes, social security, pension, etc.) where applicable.
- Communicate with employees of all levels regarding all payroll matters, including troubleshooting of complex issues outside of Service Advisor scope and/or capability.
- Cooperate with various external and internal (HR, Finance/Accounting, Treasury, Tax, Legal, IT) partners. Assists with internal, external and statutory audits as needed.
- Assists with ad hoc projects as necessary and perform any other job duties.
What we need you to have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or similar topics.
- Ideally a fluency in a second language such as Dutch, French or Spanish alongside English fluency.
- Experience of payroll topics at the EMEA level.
- Customer and detail-oriented.
- Strong payroll skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer-facing skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.