Maintenance Mechanic, 3rd Shift
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is hiring a Maintenance Mechanic. This individual will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing and installing new equipment on 3rd shift as well as overall facility maintenance according to company and departmental SOPs.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Set-up, maintains, troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Performs minor construction and general facility type work.
- Assists with installation and removal of equipment
- Lead performance of required corrective maintenance.
- Assists with leading projects including defining scope and coordinating/supervising external contractors, vendors, and internal technicians.
- Machine and manufacture parts for production equipment
- Provide guidance to less experienced technicians.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to read, interpret blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, diagrams, and equipment specifications.
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow SOP’s.
- Must be able to understand importance of compliance with cGMPs.
- Ability to pass gowning requirement for work in ISO 5 environments.
- HS diploma or equivalent is required.
- 3 - 5 years work experience in vocational specialty in a cGMP environment is desirable.
- Aseptic processing experience and training preferred.
- License or certification in specified discipline preferred (Electrician, Mechanic, HVAC, Carpenter, Stationery Engineer, Boiler Operator).
- 1st or 2nd Class Stationary engineer license in the state of MD for boiler technicians; preferred.
- Basic knowledge of aseptic technique, contamination control, cleanroom behavior and GMP/ISO preferred.
- Knowledge of HVAC and refrigeration required within 24 months.
- Mechanical, pneumatic, electrical skills and mathematical knowledge.
- Knowledge of standard machine shop practices and use of power tools.
- Knowledge of compliance with cGMP’s.
- PLC knowledge strongly preferred.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.