Head of Commercial, CHI China
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market.
As Senior Proposal Manager, you will be responsible for the translation of customer needs into project scope and to support Sales and PM in securing new business.
- Establishing sales strategies for the different market segments in the Great China region to achieve the defined business for Capsugel and Ingredients.
- Leading and developing the Sales team, covering the Territory Sales Managers as well as the Sales Managers located in home based offices.
- Realizing a sales increase, by maximizing the margins for the core business and by promoting business growth.
- Supporting negotiations with multinational accounts, and being out in the market on a regular basis.
- Guaranteeing excellent customer service levels, by actively interacting with Quality, Supply Chain, and other departments.
- Focusing on strengthening the links between sales and customer service and business development. Lonza’s competitive advantage lies in excellent service and focus on partnerships. Customer Service is crucial role and considered to be the key to repeat business.
- Interfacing with the VP Commercial China/ Head of Sales, APAC,CHI to track progress against established plans and to revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions and identify future risks and opportunities.
- Ensuring that information flows to the Field Staff, the Customer Service Group, Technical Support, Business Development, the business operations, the Operations and QA Group and to the manufacturing facility in general.
- Regularly reviewing actions and control for accounts receivable and credit control.
- Ensuring full compliance with all Lonza policies and procedures, as well as full compliance with all local, provincial and national laws and regulations.
- Establishing performance standards, appraising performances and recommending monetary bonuses and merit increases in accordance with Lonza guidelines, as well as staffing recommendations and decisions in consultation with the Manager.
- Being responsible to ensure health, safety and environmental standards are maintained and comply with Lonza Compliance and local law practices.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management
- GMP Responsibility
- Bachelor degree above, major in Economy/Management/Pharma.or related field preferred
- At least 10+ years of progressive management responsibility in a multinational environment, of which 5+ years will have been in a senior management role.
- Extensive business understanding (Financially and Commercially) is required.
- Ability to manage and coach personnel;
- Good computer and prioritizing skills;
- Excellent English and Mandarin (written and spoken) ;
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.