Laboratory Equipment Maintenance Technician
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking to recruit a Laboratory Equipment Maintenance Technician at our site in Slough.
As a Laboratory Equipment Maintenance Technician, you will be working across our three buildings to perform and coordinate routine laboratory equipment maintenance and checks, in addition to this, you will also be liaising between scientists, service providers and engineers. In this role, you will be interacting with engineering teams and external contractors to facilitate any maintenance and/or repair work.
Please note: This is not an engineering role.
- Completion of routine activities within the laboratory to maintain equipment in good service and compliant to local procedures and industry regulations – daily checks of labels, work orders for lab equipment (e.g. Freezers, speed vacs, water baths and HPLC’s)
- Responsibility for identifying issues and escalating when local solutions are not possible
- Liaison point between scientists, service providers and the engineering department for breakdowns, preventative maintenance or calibration controls activities
- Accountability for equipment stock and inventory management with Kanban approach
- Partake in laboratory inspections ,taking responsibility for delivery of follow on actions
- Assisting the team with department equipment and facility changes
- Previous experience working in GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) environment
- Experience working with general lab equipment (water purifiers, centrifuge, speed-Vac)
- Previous experience working within pharmaceutical/biotech environment preferred
- Capable of troubleshooting and resolving issues quickly and effectively
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Some experience with calibration checks will be an advantage
- Strong organization skills
- Great attention to detail
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.