Senior Scientist (Characterisation)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As a Senior Scientist you will join the Characterisation team within Analytical Services at our site in Slough, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of analytical testing on therapeutic proteins to support product characterization and biocomparability studies for our large number of customers and contributing to their drug development lifecycle. This is a brilliant opportunity to work with a team of experts to contribute getting lifesaving medicines to the market.
- Generation of analytical data to characterise biopharmaceutical products
- Providing direct laboratory analytical support for product characterisation services that are required for the manufacture and development of antibodies and other recombinant proteins being manufactured by Lonza.
- The execution of multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring work planned and scheduled appropriately and delivered to agreed timelines and quality standards.
- Provide scientific mentoring and training to develop others and promote good scientific practice
- Collate, analyse and evaluate data from work/study programs
- Review and critique reports to prepare them for final review
- Maintenance of analytical equipment, technologies and/or systems required to support product characterisation
- Preparation and delivery of presentations, protocols, reports and SOPs with first time quality
- Liaise with customers and support customer audits and regulatory inspections
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Life Science
- Familiarity with methods and instruments used for protein characterisation such as LC-MS (peptide mapping, intact mass analysis and oligosaccharide profiling), icIEF, CE-SDS, HPLC (SEC, RP, HIC, IEX, HILIC) and SEC-MALS
- Understanding of protein structure, post translational modifications, degradation pathways for recombinant proteins
- A proven track record of delivering projects/studies on time to a high standard
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Enjoy working in a fast paced and challenging environment with a high level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and regulatory requirements for biopharmaceutical products is desirable
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.