Supply Chain Manager (Cell & Gene Therapy)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This newly created role is responsible to translate the CGT (Cell & Gene Therapy) asset strategy into tactical actions. Role is required to set up and maintain the S&OP planning cycle for accurate and in time planning update. Standardizing the material flow and inventory management to always ensure the availability of materials. As well as streamlining the warehouse flow and synchronize the warehouse activity with manufacturing. Role will also collaborate with other department in streamlining and value streaming the processes.
- Set up and oversee the monthly supply planning cycle and governance
- Ensure that key supply issue and decisions are escalated in time and aligned with the feedback from all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure and implement control in managing raw materials and finished goods inventory to prevent losses and/or scrap
- Facilitate the supply chain S&OP discussion and prepare for annual budget cycle discussion
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders and functions within site and platform to ensure supply plan represents consensus view of future
- Ensure that the governance is in place to connect supply plan with related material, labor and asset capacity plan
- Ensure supply plan is inputted and maintained in relevant supply systems including SAP IBP and SAP ECC
- Ensure all warehouse and shipping areas are operated in a safe, cGMP manner at all times
- Streamline area process and work flows to increase warehouse area efficiency, storage in warehouse
- Actively develops direct reports, and build high performing SCM team
- Define responsibilities of individuals and groups within CGT SCM operations
- Interact and maintain a good working relationship with other Lonza teams
- Ensure all inventory discrepancies are investigated and resolved
- Lead representatives in area audits (internal and external)
- Bachelor’s Degree with extensive years of relevant experience in end-to-end Supply Chain, warehouse role in a Life Sciences GMP, FMCG, Medical Devices or fast pace manufacturing environment, in Supply Chain Management
- Proven track record and experience in demand and supply planning skills, with acquired solution oriented mind set to deal with complex product life cycle management, with acquired experience in handling process improvement tools and processes e.g. root cause analysis, statistical process control, etc
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to relay and/or drive process improvements across a global organization to important stakeholders
- Ability to influence both Supply Chain and functional leaders to support supply planning and site manufacturing strategy recommendations
- Good change management skills to identify and streamline existing supply chain processes and multi-tasking capability
- Good understanding of SAP and equivalent management system is highly preferred
- The role requires employee to perform this role that requires to visually differentiate and identify colors and requirement is to have normal colour vision.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.