Training Program Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville has an exciting opportunity for a Training Program Manager. This role will identify and drive training initiatives and foster the creation of training solutions. This role will focus on improving the productivity of the organization’s employees by assessing developmental needs. The role exists to evaluate current training needs within the organization and expand on existing training and/or plan and implement modifications to existing training..
- Facilitates the review of existing training programs; drives enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of clientele, the organization, or the industry.
- Gears training enhancements toward the adult learner
- Partners with subject matter experts and functional groups to ensure that training materials and programs are current, accurate, and effective.
- Maintains knowledge of new methods and techniques for training, and training requirements applicable to the organization and/or industry.
- Identifies problems and opportunities such as operational changes or industry developments that training could improve.
- May participate in conducting or facilitating required and recommended training sessions.
- Obtains and /or develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media.
- Manages projects within the Training Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
•Understands the key concepts of Adult Learning and how to implement culture training enhancements
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills
•Extremely organized and detail-oriented
•Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
•Adapt with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
•Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
•Ability to design and implement effective training and development
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.