Associate Director, Program Manager - Cell & Gene Therapy
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for a Sr. Manager for Cell Therapy Program Management to join our growing Program Management team. As our Sr. Manager for Cell Therapy Program Management, you will be responsible to ensure flawless and smooth execution of the contracted programs according to defined timelines and cost, via leading multidisciplinary project teams. In this role, you are the key interface between Sales and Operations organizations and the customer.
- Lead project execution after deal closure. Responsible for project initiation, planning, execution and control.
- Ensure Customer satisfaction throughout the life of the program in a shared relationship management with KAM/Sales
- Responsible for project profitability and all financial aspects of projects managed e.g. cost control to ensure the expected profitability is achieved, invoicing and timely securing of future PO’s and production forecast updates etc.
- Single point of contact for all operational aspects of the program.
- Establish and agree a project governance structure and use to manage the timely escalation of critical project issues.
- Define, organize and be responsible for all project communication.
- Manage project scope and obtain commitment to the scope & timelines from the project team, relevant stakeholders and the Customer. Ensure that all are working in accordance to the agreed plan throughout the project lifecycle.
- Execute program relevant sections of the S&OP process. Responsible for delivering to local S&OP and related demand planning
- In conjunction with Sales and Commercial Development, establish mid-to-long term program strategies where applicable.
- Direct and motivate multi-disciplinary project teams and hold team members accountable to deliver.
- Understand the Customer’s needs and represent their interests by acting as their advocate on-site.
- Identify additional opportunities with on-going projects and discuss with Sales regarding presentation to the Customer.
- In conjunction with the Proposals Team, prepare amendments and/or scope changes to on-going projects according to the defined Scope Change and Amendment management process.
- Secure required resources and capacity commitments and obtain buy-in of all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that the program delivers on the agreed objectives and is successful for Lonza and the Customer.
- Management of project risk and preparation of applicable risk mitigation plans. Obtain agreement on mitigation plans and manage appropriately to ensure stakeholder accountability and awareness.
- Conduct Lessons Learned exercises with the Customer at the end of agreed key milestones within the project.
- Timely contribution to all applicable business reporting.
- Decommission the project at the end of the contracted activities.
- Degree in Life Sciences or Engineering.
- Substantial experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical experience, with working experience in Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT)
- Experience in the CDMO business model preferred.
- Experience in cGMP operations strongly preferred. Technical capabilities gained through experience in Operations, R&D, PD, MSAT or similar functions.
- Proven communication and negotiation skills to be applied on different levels.
- Excellent soft skills to build solid relationship within a site and an international network e.g. with customers, KAM, and Program Management.
- Strong Program Management background and strong established and working business network.
- Relevant business and customer interaction experience in Life Science and CDMO business
- Proven leadership experience to ensure capacity to motivate and influence a cross functional team of non-direct reports to deliver on project goals and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Willingness and ability to analyze and solve complex problems that do not have routine solutions
- Ability to understand, translate and implement the program strategy in a fast-changing and dynamic environment.
- Ability to make a significant and positive impact to a fast growing sector.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.