Senior Manager, Operations Projects Walkersville
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager of Operations Projects. The role owner coordinates and implements the technical operation project pipeline in Walkersville operations, including selected local initiatives and alignment with BioSciense projects. This position drives the development and implementation of the Walkersville operations strategy process and implements an appropriate governance structure for the operations network. He/she leads specific strategic projects as well as oversees the total of all key projects in the site to drive business results. He/she also drives or acts as representative in specific network initiatives.
- Responsible for coordination and implementation of local technical operations projects as well as local initiatives to drive mid- to long-term impact on site level.
- Drive operation strategy process together with site leadership team to transform the business goals into an operations strategy including definition of main projects, key performance indicators, achievement of milestones, and reporting structure. Ensure alignment with key stakeholders in the business unit and in corporate functions.
- Implement and develop the Walkersville site operations operation project governance including meeting structure and reporting.
- Drive harmonization and standard settings among the site and contribute to alignment initiatives in the network
- Responsible to develop and lead execution of critical improvement projects which increase quality performance and profitability and support the delivery of our growth strategy.
- Supports global initiatives and ensures their correct execution at the site level. Drive or act as representatives in specific strategic initiatives.
- Ensures the reflection of investments needs in close collaboration with CAPEX manager on site.
- Bachelor`s degree in a Scientific or Engineering discipline
- Advanced experience within operations management and 5+ years in Bioscience related industry
- Advanced knowledge in Project Management skills
- Advanced knowledge in aseptic processing
- Excellent working knowledge of GMP regulations
- Proven leadership in a global network. Agile and pro-active relationship management in a matrix organization
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Other languages are an asset
- Proven record of accomplishment of successfully developing, overseeing and delivering cross-functional strategic and improvement initiatives.
- Leadership and strong influence skills across all stakeholder groups
- Excellent analytical skills (problem structuring and problem solving), able to handle complex analyses
- Advanced knowledge in a multi-cultural environment
- Outstanding flexibility, adaptability and sense of accountability and urgency
- Maturity, confidence and high degree of emotional intelligence with demonstrated empathy and ability to influence others.
- Excellent communication skills: simplifying the complex, making the message /request clear, providing options/proposals, ability to focus on the purpose and outcome
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.