Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Electronics Technician will troubleshoot root cause failures and make appropriate adjustments, replacements, or repair to various types of equipment involving electrical, electronic, and pneumatic equipment. Additionally; assemble and/or install new equipment. This position is for 12 hours, rotating, night shift.
- Troubleshooting, analyzing, installing, modifying and repairing machines with little to no supervision.
- Perform assigned calibrations and preventative maintenance.
- Safely work with voltages varying from but not limited to 5 Vdc to 480 Vac.
- Work from and modify technical prints and other documentation.
- Be able to work as a team member in a high pressure environment for extended periods of time.
- Responsible for keeping accurate and up-to-date records on all equipment.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean and orderly.
- Must be able to work additional hours/days as business needs dictate.
- Attendance in the plant site is considered an essential function.
- Accurately and completely recommend revisions to prints and documentation.
- Provide program (code) change support when required.
- Must be able to apply OSHA and NEC codes at all times.
- Be able to climb and work from ladders and be physically able to lift and carry objects weighing 30 to 50 pounds.
- Responsible for inventory of electronic parts for maintenance any project purposes.
- The Electronic Technician provides backup for other Electronic Technicians, as well as backup for Project Technicians.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate / GED required.
- Associates Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology, Industrial Electronics Technology, or similar.
- Completion of electrical apprentice program preferred.
- Experience in capsule manufacturing preferred.
- Basic computer skills to include MS office products required.
- Must know and follow job safety procedures and attend required trainings.
- Must adhere to cGMPs at all times.
- Must be able to make timely and sound business decisions.
- Must be able to work in intense situations, manage work stress and pressure
- Must be able to successfully pass a color vision screening assessment
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.