Technical Trainer III
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Technical Trainer Level III provides technical training/re-training of manufacturing associates. He/She will improve training materials for efficiency and efficacy. The Technical Trainer will maintain and develop relevant training metrics. Liaisons with site and global training stakeholders; and also lead technical training process improvements.
- Provide general support (mentorship and coaching) to new hires during their first month.
- Provide technical training for MFG new hires.
- Assist in the preparation of training materials (Videos, Work Instructions, Performance Measures, PowerPoint slides, etc).
- Attain/maintain trainer qualification status in identified areas of specialization.
- Develop training content and materials for specific technical training and qualification modules
- Assess trainees’ competencies and qualifications.
- Update trainees' training statuses in Tech Training repository.
- Collect and maintain training metrics. Report monthly tech training expenses. Complete Track Wise tasks
- Act as a liaison to site GMP Training department, Documentation, MFG and Quality. Include: Survey internal customers and manufacturing associates on training program efficacy.
- Develops skills and confidence in trainees
- Establishes trust and builds strong relationships with our internal customers
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Proficient in learning strategies, leadership and mentoring
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures related to the biotechnology industry, including customer audits and CAPA/deviation management.
- Strong knowledge of GMP and safety concepts
- Self-discipline and good attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and escalate for guidance as required
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.