Business Development Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Business Development Manager- Remote Sales to join Lonza and focus on the UK and Nordic Markets.
This is a remote based sales role, which only will require approximately 10% travel.
The Business Development Manager- Remote Sales will oversee a large number of low and median opportunity volume accounts within their territory. They will own the full sales cycle with their accounts using supporting functions as needed (PSS Discovery, Scientific Support, Product Manager, etc.). Focuses on the Lonza Biosciences Drug Discovery portfolio. Identifies new and existing accounts within the low and median opportunity segment that may be high opportunity volume accounts for Lonza Biosciences.
- Delivers on monthly and annual sales targets
- Owns the full sales cycle (identification, acquisition, implementation, expansion, and renewal) for assigned accounts within their territory
- Prospects new customers and accounts within their territory.
- Manages the sales funnel from new opportunity generation through closing.
- Develops mid and long term profitable business within their assigned accounts/territory
- Coordinates support resources within Lonza to meet customer needs.
- Provides solutions from the Lonza Biosciences Discovery/Testing portfolio to address their customers’ needs/the CGT market.
- Understands and appropriately communicates the Biosciences portfolio and Lonza’s value proposition to its customers. Develops product knowledge capabilities, applications, regulatory knowledge, and product justification in order to be recognized as the expert in the field. Maintains account awareness and evolving market knowledge.
- Organizes, plans, and schedules time to provide optimum and effective account and territory coverage.
- When requested, acts as team lead to coach others to achieve high performance.
- Record activities and client information in the CRM database on a daily and timely basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need you to have:
- BSc in Life Sciences
- Hands on Industry experience within a Business Development environment, previous experience within Remote sales an advantage.
- Previous experience/understanding of Quality Control, Laboratory Testing and or Microbiology a strong advantage
- Working understanding of Lab based automation systems.
- Fluency in English a must, a second European language would be preferable.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.