Regional Marketing Manager, North America/EMEA
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Regional Marketing Manager, NA/EMEA is a key member of the marketing team in the Lonza Capsules & Health Ingredients (CHI) division responsible for developing and delivering a high impact regional marketing strategy. The role will be instrumental in driving product and services marketing in alignment with business strategies in North American and EMEA regions. The incumbent will work closely the regional sales leaders and associated teams, to develop and execute regional marketing plans to support annual financial targets.
This detail-oriented individual must have outstanding written, presentation and verbal communications skills and the ability to thriving in a fast-pace, deadline-driven environment.
- Product Introduction: Lead the successful introduction of new products and solutions on the market, working closely with Global Marketing team, R&D, Business Development, Sales and Quality & Regulatory.
- Customer Insights / Relations: Establish solid relationship with key customer stakeholders to drive business, and to gather insights on customer need patterns & find innovative ways for generating demand. Responsible for all customer-facing events and activities in the region. Timely contribution to business strategy decision through customer needs mapping
- Outbound Marketing: Drive marketing campaigns and customer activation initiatives in the region(s). Develop the annual marketing plan and calendar, by leveraging external (competitive data/market trend insights) and internal (brand positioning/performance/growth opportunities) to provide strategic direction, project management and execution of marketing campaigns in to support business objectives. Ensure global alignment with the CHI brands and a harmonized approach to all –market
- Regional Intelligence: Develop regional intelligence in coordination with Business Intelligence group. Ensure region understand competitive threats, trends, pricing
- Product, Customer, Sales Support. Serve as liaison to global functions to ensure the regions have the tools and rapid response to customer inquiries. Lead all product-related training to internal salesforce to equip them with the relevant tools. Analyze and interpret customer needs to identify current and future opportunity spaces
- Budget Management. Maintain marketing budget tracking, vendor management
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Business, English, Communications (or related discipline); Master’s degree preferred
- Significant demonstrated experience managing B2B omni-channel marketing campaigns and product launches
- Progressive experience in corporate marketing, product marketing, creative development and leadership roles.
- Demonstrated record of successful leadership.
- Able to build strong working relationships with, and successfully influence, a variety of stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience working in a regulated environment, preferably in medical device/biomedical industry.
- Substantial experience in translating strategies into campaigns.
- Cultivates strong integration across the organization , builds and maintains a critical linkage and partnership with all business areas and commercial leaders, geographic and regional leaders, marketing teams and R&D. Ability to work closely with legal, regulatory, finance, sales as well as customers, trade organizations and suppliers.
- Cultivates strong relationships with agencies, third-party party organizations and customers.
- Previous experience of working within a role where coordination, prioritization and project management skills are required.
- Ability to lead activities, projects and coordinate with multiple functional areas.
- Able to plan, organize and establish priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a group setting to meet timelines.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.