Technologist Method Development (12month FTC)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza, we have an exciting opportunity for a Technologist to join our Method Development and Validation team within Analytical Services at Lonza Slough.
This role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
This role will provide direct laboratory analytical support required for the manufacture of antibodies and recombinant proteins being manufactured by Lonza.
- To perform experimental work with minimal supervision.
- To collate data, sign off routine assays and prepare data tables.
- To perform laboratory housekeeping, perform routine instrument maintenance and reagent/consumable stock checks.
- To participate in trouble shooting/out of specification investigations as required.
- To contribute to departmental practices and process improvements.
- Understand & comply with company, regulatory and statutory requirements.
- HND/BSc in relevant scientific discipline or relevant previous experience
- Demonstrated experience of working in a contract research environment / a range of analytical methods
- Theoretical knowledge in the principles of a range of analytical methods
- Able to make quality decisions based on the best available scientific data.
- Desire to learn and willing to impart knowledge
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.