Analyst – QC Microbiology EM, 1st shift
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is actively seeking an Analyst QC Microbiology EM. This role is responsible for supporting personnel monitoring (PM) and environmental monitoring (EM), to include routine EM, Aseptic Process Simulations (APS’) and Cleaning Validations (CVs); water system monitoring in both classified and non-classified areas within the Lonza Walkersville facility, and all related Micro Lab activities.
- Performs plate enumeration for environmental monitoring (EM) and utility samples.
- Participates in utility (water) sampling and testing for microbial bioburden.
- Assists with lab maintenance: stocking, ordering, trash removal, equipment cleaning, sweeping, and other tasks as specified.
- Supports Aseptic Process Simulations (APS’) by performing environmental monitoring (EM), screening/counting fill-samples, and completing APS documentation.
- Performs environmental monitoring (EM) for routine procedures and in support of cleaning validations.
- May assist with writing, revising, and review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- May perform gram stain and microbial identifications.
- May assist with preparation of routine trend reports.
- Assists with review of EM/PM data from routine production and APS using monitoring software.
- A minimum of a BS degree in Biology, Microbiology or related discipline with experience in a related GMP/GLP environment or AA Degree with intermediate years of experience in a related GMP/GLP environment or HS Diploma with substantial years of experience in a related GMP/GLP environment.
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office
- Organizational skills, record keeping, multiple projects, time management, aseptic technique
- Knowledge of basic and specialized microbiology lab equipment
- Written and oral communication, team oriented, independent work skills, strong work ethic
- Ability to manage a robust work schedule and to function in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to read, understand and follow SOP’s.
- Ability to understand importance of compliance with cGMP’s.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.