Production Supervisor, MAST Products
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an excellent opportunity for a Production Supervisor, MAST Products at their Bend, OR location. This supervisor will be responsible for general MAST (Modular Automated Sampling Technology) operations with a focus on manufacturing and testing of MAST products as directed by the MAST business unit leader. They will develop and maintain documented processes for manufacture of MAST products and be responsible for general facility maintenance and upkeep. The MAST team is a small and focused group. A hands on approach is expected.
- Responsible for general MAST operations with a focus on manufacture and testing of MAST products as directed by the MAST business unit leader
- Develop and maintain documented processes for manufacture of MAST products
- Responsible for general facility maintenance and upkeep
- Be accountable for the safe, compliant and timely execution of all activities during production
- Lead manufacturing efforts and participate in physical manufacturing activities
- Develop and maintain documented processes for manufacturing and testing of products
- Develop and maintain a manufacturing schedule based on inputs from Materials Management, Development, Service and the sales forecast
- Work with Sales, Materials Management, Development and Service to ensure products are available to ship to customers and users based on installation, service and support schedules
- Responsible for testing manufactured product and assemblies per established procedures
- Lead by example with respect to safety and ensure safety mechanisms are functioning properly
- Use production planning techniques to ensure consistent expenditures month over month where possible
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required, B.S./B.A. degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Ability to implement changes, using change control, to improve quality, efficiency or reduce costs
- Skilled at hardware fabrication
- Experienced with electrical assembly
- Ability to write and follow written procedures
- Effective communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible to, for example, helping capture unforeseen revenue or resolving a unique issue
- Highly self-motivated and directed with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Individual must be a team player prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making
- Successful candidates must be able to learn quickly and work independently in a fast-paced environment
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.