Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic bio manufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You are responsible for ensuring flawless and smooth execution of the contracted programs according to defined timelines and cost, via leading multidisciplinary project teams. In this role, you are the key interface between Sales and Operations organizations and the customer. You are managing multiple projects, either within one technology, or within multiple technologies and oversees the complete life-cycle of all the projects.
- Responsible to ensure flawless and smooth execution of the contracted programs according to defined timelines and cost, via leading multidisciplinary project teams.
- Based on experience, programs under PM’s responsibility range from small or mid-sized to large and complex portfolios, based on the seniority.
- During execution, key focus is on the customer centricity and internally on quality, cost, profitability, timelines and risk management.
- Lead project execution after deal closure. Direct, lead and motivate multi-disciplinary project teams and hold team members accountable to deliver results within an agreed project governance structure to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the life of the program. Shared customer relationship management with Account Managers.
- Coach, mentor and, via frequent discussions with line managers, continuously develop project team members.
- Program Manager uses in depth understanding of multiple functions and strong relationships with these functions during the execution.
- Act as single point of contact for customer with regards to operational questions and ensure each project milestone is delivered in line with the agreed objectives. Act as the customer advocate and champion in the LPB organization.
- Manage project scope, timelines and budget and program profitability together with core project team. Raise and prepare scope changes and communicate them to a customer in close collaboration with Account Manager. In collaboration with Account Management / Commercial Development, create mid-long term program strategies.
- Define, organize and be responsible for all customer communication (using an open communication model), agreeing milestones and conducting “lessons learned” with the customer, as well as executing decommissioning at the end of contractual activities.
- Program Manager ensures the right and effective internal and external governance are in place and are effective. Also ensures very clear alignment of internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to the local Sales & Operations meeting, by best in class forecasting and demand planning for the given programs.
- Most of the time spends in the location, where work is executed but from time to time Program Manager may travel to customers or conferences.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree with technical background, or equivalent experience
- Previous technical competency in the areas of the Pharma Industry e.g. process development, cGMP manufacturing, process registration, analytical science, Quality assurance etc.
- Strategic, operational and technical project management experience.
- Proven business awareness and commercial acumen.
- Record of accomplishment of successfully managed projects.
- Leadership skills. Motivational skills to maintain naturally high moral within the matrix team.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the organization. Has strength of character to have difficult conversations with senior stakeholders including customers, internal team members and senior management; excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Effective use of hard and soft skills in all aspects of Program Management including conflict resolution, team building, decisions making.
- Pragmatic, organized and results oriented and with ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent planning, organization and controlling skills.
- Problem solving skills - ability to analyze and solve complex issues that do not have routine solutions.
- Ability and willingness to convey proficiency in project management to others.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.