Facilities Maintenance Mechanic
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Facilities Suite Maintenance Mechanic provides support to the Engineering Services group by operating and performing daily checks on Direct and Indirect Maintenance equipment and assisting higher level mechanics with repairs in compliance with company and departmental SOPs. Will work in a fast paced, safety-oriented, team environment and will perform tasks that are routine in nature where the ability to recognize deviation form accepted practice is required.
Shift: 6am-6pm; Thursday through Saturday and every other Wednesday
Participation in On-Call rotation is required. Shift differentials and overtime are applicable.
- Assist with the execution of routine preventative maintenance work orders as assigned by Facilities Supervisors/Lead Mechanic.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements to include detailed documentation of work performed in both electronic and written form.
- Execute moderate to complex troubleshooting and repair of plant and utility
- Assists in troubleshooting and repairs of Direct and Indirect Manufacturing equipment and systems in the Portsmouth facilities and maintains the areas in which Suite Maintenance is response for in a state inspection readiness at all times.
- Maintains records to comply with GMP requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining training on all related aspects of job.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, relevant Associate Degree or Certification preferred.
- Utilize troubleshooting/hand tools and the ability to learn to read complex mechanical drawings.
- Basic computer skills require.
- Ability to comprehend and apply Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on a continual basis.
- Working knowledge of shop math and basic mechanical knowledge.
- Prior experience in a GMP, Biotechnology and/or FDA regulated environment highly desired.
- Commitment to perform all work in a safe manner. The ability and desire to excel in a fast paced, inclusive team environment which prides itself on providing the highest level of service to our internal customers. Desire to interact in a professional, helpful manner with staff at all levels within the organization on a regular basis.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.