Account Manager, Bioscience Japan
Account Manager, Bioscience Japan
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position may be the first level of sales account management with approx. <CHF 2.4M sales territory, and also have to manage contracted dealers. Has a defined sales revenue to achieve through effective account management as well as manage dealers activity. Leadership and achievement of results are the key focus of the job.
- Sales role for Lonza Bioscience Sales Account manager is to achieve sales target numbers with Discovery research products (Primary Cells and Cell Culture Media, Transfection devices, Serum Free media for production purpose of use, etc) especially management of cooperative target dealers (typically for covering target sales territory). Most customers are existing ones mainly in Japan and some in other Asia Pacific.
- To grow the sales revenue and keep the target key account bulk sales.
- To establish new customer account, and keep good relationship with dealers.
As the sales process:
- To find opportunities with a help of Lonza Bioscience Technical and sales support in Japan.
- With following up leads and inquiries, make contact with customers, introduce LPB’s (Lonza Pharma & Biotech) capability, and figure out customers’ needs and opportunities.
- To communicate with both customers and dealers, then obtain bulk leads and opportunity.
- To discuss and negotiate about the proposals with customers, find out agreeable solutions, then close a deal.
- As Lonza’s interface with customers, regularly communicate with existing customers about on-going project(s) as well as further opportunities to maintain and expand the businesses.
As extended activities:
- To plan, arrange and execute the local marketing and promotion including dealer with a help of team members.
- To generate sales and forecast report monthly and also as needed.
- Provides timely call reports, maintains account files, etc.
- Bachelor degree.
- At least 3 years of B to B Sales experience (preferably research products or services, ideally in research product production company or dealers).
- Strong communication capability to understand customer’s needs and requirements.
- Strong negotiation capability with persistency to find out agreeable solution for customers and also dealers to close a deal.
- Basic biology background.
- Business level English literacy to understand English protocol and also to communicate with production site in US and EU.
- Dealer management skills.
- Broad knowledge of life science field research technology and experience of Japan business custom.
- Experience of working in a life science field research products supplier.
- Experience of working in a matrix organizational structure.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.