Manager, Maintenance Services
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an excellent opportunity for a Manager, Maintenance Services to lead at their Bend, OR location.
- Lead team of engineers and technicians in the planning, scheduling, and improvement of maintenance activities and equipment
- Direct and coordinate planning/scheduling of maintenance activities, reliability based maintenance improvements, engineering improvement projects, and assessment of spare parts requirements
- Coach and mentor team to build a methodology of maintenance improvement, troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Support 24/7 operation of manufacturing and the facilities including management on-call responsibilities
- Make recommendations to management to resolve maintenance issues, perform operational troubleshooting and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Develop maintenance plans and workflows, i.e. work requests, work execution process, determining priority based on asset criticality and other criteria, developing corrective maintenance job plans, job kitting (Spare Parts, Permits, Tools, JHA, Production Availability, etc.)
- Use CMMS system (Blue Mountain RAM) for maintenance planning/scheduling. Develop metrics and reporting process utilizing data acquisition programs (Crystal Reports, Tableau, etc.)
- Maintain a safe work environment by promoting safe work practices in alignment with LOTO, NFPA 70e, permit to work, and other company policies and procedures
- Perform evaluations for proper maintenance strategies for systems including predictive inspections, condition monitoring, and failure replacement
- Work with project teams for sourcing of appropriate process and utility equipment
- Responsible for the coordination of facility shutdown program and activities
- Responsible for development and implementation of asset management program
- Constructively, courteously and professionally interact with peers and clients in manufacturing, maintenance, utility plants, analytical labs and contracted services
- Function effectively with peers and demonstrate a high degree of teamwork
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering discipline (e.g. chemical, electrical, mechanical) preferred
- Significant experience in biotech/pharmaceutical engineering or combination of relevant education and experience, including management roles
- Experience in reliability and maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to perform hands-on, detailed work, in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and Building Automation Systems preferred
- Strong leadership, writing, and communication/presentation skills are required
- Must be independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in project environments, and skilled in communication, facilitation, and collaboration
- Individual must be a team player prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making
- Must have ability to operate effectively in a cross-functional environment while managing competing priorities for multiple Clients and Stakeholders
- Effective communication skills are required due to the strong teamwork orientation of the company, the multidisciplinary nature of the work, and frequent customer interaction
- Successful candidates must be able to learn quickly and work independently in a fast-paced environment
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.