Director & Global Head, Bioscience MSAT
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville has an exciting opening for Director & Global Head, Bioscience MSAT. This individual should be capable of supporting existing technical needs but more importantly someone capable of supporting the transformation of our sites into centers of excellence leading in key technologies such as automation, SUT’s and Aseptic processing.
- Builds a capable, agile, and global MSAT organization with the technical skills, experience and know-how to define state-of-the-art for Lonza Bioscience and implement appropriate projects to sustainably deliver results.
- Drives the development of multi-year MSAT/ Tech Transfer roadmaps, such as defining appropriate manufacturing technology, automation and digitalization to optimally scale Bioscience operations and deliver quality growth.
- Supports continuous improvement of MSAT/ Tech Transfer toolboxes and processes for Bioscience in alignment with global initiatives, the business, the sites, Quality, Supply Chain, Engineering and other support functions.
- Provides thorough technical MSAT knowhow (processes, technologies, tech transfer,..) to align, write and train global & network standards.
- Understands and benchmarks against industry standards to identify issues and opportunities across the Bioscience site network.
- Fosters alignment (procedural and knowhow) between stakeholders (sites, functions, Lonza network) to facilitate/ accelerate tech transfer & validation activities and support building/ strengthening network capabilities.
- Experience in Cell Culture Media manufacturing: MSAT, Validation, Tech Transfer, Data Analytics
- Experience in process automation, particularly in biological processes.
- Impeccable leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Hands-on mentality and capability.
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management.
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments.
- Effective, versatile and action-oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High analytical skills with data science capability/ tools experience a preference.
- Capable to work effectively in Matrix organization.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.