Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Logistics Planner manages Supply Chain and Information Logistics platforms to facilitate timely data exchanges as they relate to the production of clinical and commercial patient materials, and to thereby enable robust Chain of Identity and Chain of Custody processes. Specifically, this person will be responsible for coordinating with internal departments and project team members to generate, communicate, and maintain a slot scheduling and reservation platform(s) for the client. This person will be key link and first point of contact for clients to reserve a manufacturing slot. S/he will also manage the internal/external communications relating to any rescheduling or cancellation activities. This individual should be comfortable with managing transactional activities and direct communications with client(s).
- Creates and maintains a slot reservation tool/platform, and manages slot reservations, changes, and schedule adjustments directly with the client for clinical and commercial manufacturing.
- Acts as liaison between the project team and scheduling department to maintain the slot reservation tool.
- Aligns all milestones internally with project teams and scheduling department and ensures there are no scheduling conflicts.
- Creates internal supporting tools and to assist departments with tracking deliverables.
- Creates tools to assist departments with processing data exchanges with client, including Log forms for clinical manufacture and log forms (or equivalent) for commercial manufacture.
- Manages schedule for incoming starting material arrivals and maintains warehouse inventory overview of project starting materials for non-clinical and non-commercial runs.
- Experience with manufacturing scheduling processes and communication tools
- Experience with computer platforms and information logistics
- Preferably familiar with pharmaceutical operations and GMP environments
- Understanding of the Pharmaceutical Supply chain, preferably within Cell and Gene Therapy
- Comfortable with interacting with clients on a transactional level
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft products
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.