Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience has an exciting new role for a Supervisor, Calibration to join the team in Walkersville, MD. This individual will be responsible for supervision of Calibration staff and contractors. The supervisor is responsible for the planning and execution of support services to the existing instrumentation in order to insure the system’s ability to meet production/business requirements, as well as the overlaying GMP requirements.
- Prioritize, assign and schedule Calibration work orders and requests for support. Ensure all work is completed to cGMP standards. This includes timely follow up of change controls, investigation reports and deviations.
- Review calibration paperwork and approve upon completion for compliance with GMP and technical correctness.
- Work with the other facilities supervisors to improve the means by which equipment troubleshooting is performed.
- Evaluate current systems, develop alternatives, and recommend implementation plans to ensure that work systems support both business and regulatory requirements. Specifically this includes software change control and validation/revalidation of process control hardware and software.
- Assign work to direct reports including new projects and initiatives, prioritize work based on business needs, impact to quality and safety, and employee development
- Guide direct reports through technical challenges and escalation of issues
- Conduct regular 1-on-1’s with employees to check progress on work objectives
- Assist with development of employees to help employees achieve career goals
- Perform mid-year and year end performance reviews with employees
- Accountable for technical work of direct reports
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Trades or Engineering); Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or Military Technical Training is preferred
- ISA Level 1 (International Society of Automation) is preferred
- Significant experience in Biotech calibration, metrology and instrumentation
- Working cGMP and leadership experience
- Advanced electronic knowledge
- Advanced communication protocol knowledge
- Basic computer skills
- Experience creating new procedures
- Experience with cGMP documentation
- Experience reading P&IDs, as-builts and engineering documentation
- Utilize hand tools
- Working knowledge of math, reading, and writing.
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Ability to lead small teams
- Can deliver critical feedback professionally
- Adept trainer
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.