Viral Clearance Apprentice
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for a Viral Clearance Apprentice to join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
The Viral Clearance Apprentice will work with scientific personnel with the preparation and planning of small-scale virus validation experiments at the external testing house. This is primarily a desk based position that requires a good attention to detail but will also support in the laboratory with practical routine tasks.
Your work is performed according to protocol in compliance with rules and procedures. The individual maintains their training and skills to effectively carry out their duties.
- To work positively as part of a dedicated Viral Clearance team following processes in the execution of daily tasks adhering to good laboratory practice including cGMP where applicable.
- Complete tasks to a high-quality standard as directed by the allocated senior scientist.
- Perform sample receipt and storage. Supports transfer of materials to shipping department.
- Prepare reagents and buffers via written process documentation prepared in collaboration with internal team members.
- To follow that all data is accurately recorded.
- Support the lab areas through inventory management of consumable and raw materials and ensuring correct standards of cleanliness and maintenance of equipment in lab areas.
- To demonstrate flexibility to support other activities within the team.
What we need you to have:
- Relevant GCSEs / A levels / NVQs qualifications
- A range of simple laboratory skills.
- Applies experience and common sense working to team activities assigned with a good understanding or safety requirements within a laboratory environment.
- Proficient with standard software.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work within a functional team. Able to effectively communicate through verbal and written communication across the team.
- Has good attention to detail, self-motivated with a positive attitude and a desire to develop and learn technically
- Developing an understanding of how the assigned duties contribute to the work of the team.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.