Senior EHS Specialist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience has an exciting opportunity for a Senior EHS Specialist to join our team in Walkersville, MD. The Senior EHS Specialist will be responsible for providing leadership and direction in maintaining the site Environmental, Health and Safety programs. The incumbent will have a comprehensive in depth knowledge of Safety Health and Environmental regulations. Possessing broad knowledge in their assigned areas they will work on complex issues in order to deliver solutions that support the business.
- Program Development – Develop site EHS programs to meet regulatory compliance, prevent injuries and protect the environment.
- Program Implementation/Enforcement – Work with site employees and contractors to understand and achieve the objectives of the site EHS programs.
- EHS Project Management – Develop projects and lead teams to achieve improvements in site EHS performance. Support asset-centric organization as EHS representative.
- Recordkeeping/Reporting – Collect and maintain data and records for EHS compliance and reporting.
- Inspections and Audits – Conduct and coordinate EHS inspections and audits including internal inspections, corporate, regulatory and customer audits.
- Risk Assessments/Resolution – Participate and lead EHS risk assessments for new operations, equipment and process changes. Work to resolve all EHS concerns.
- Training – Prepare and Deliver EHS training and education to employees and contractors working at the site
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Environment, Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Certified Haz Waste Coord (RCARA) is required
- Haz Waste Opers Responder – OSHA Regulated is preferred
- Substantial experience in Environmental, Health and Safety
- Working Biotech industry experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of governmental regulations; EPA/OSHA and the desire to develop more in depth knowledge in these areas.
- Proficiency in MS Office skills is required. Advanced leadership, communication and presentation skills are required.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.