Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The MES Manager will provide supervision and leadership to the MES Engineering group. You will direct the MES team in the development of new Electronic Batch Records (eBRs) and revision of existing eBRs using a library of existing work instructions and operations.
- Lead relevant projects as requested
- Provide supervision and leadership to the recipe authoring group within the MES Systems group.
- Supervisory responsibility for staff including setting performance goals and objectives, review of performance, etc. Stress the importance of safety for all staff members and develop an environment of continuous improvement.
- Assist in the building of task durations and overall schedule. Understand current requirements and schedule for completion. Balance multiple requirements to meet schedule expectations. Elevate concerns of schedule slip prior to missing delivery date
- Work with junior level MES Engineers to assign tasks and provide technical support. Assist and Lead training efforts for Manufacturing associates, supervisors, and MES personnel
- Create, assess and/ or review deviations and change controls. Authoring planned and unplanned deviations including CAPAs. Closing all assigned Q docs in a timely manner.
- Provide technical and functional direction to internal and contract teams in configuring, developing and supporting MES software modules
- Interface with CAPEX and tech transfer teams to ensure on time delivery while adhering to best practices
- Conduct advanced troubleshooting on all related systems and provide ongoing end user support.
- Perform training of new and experienced MES engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferred area of study in Engineering or Information Technology
- Experience in GMP or regulated environment, preferably pharmaceutical or biologics.
- Proven leadership abilities, including excellent communication, project management experience, coaching and training others.
- Ability to think critically and logically.
- Ability to build teams and operate across functional boundaries, both internal and external
- Ability to translate strategic opportunities and emerging technology solutions into tangible pragmatic executable plans
- Resource and performance management skills
- Experience with designing information interfaces, data conversion, and network and infrastructure fundamentals
- Experience with operating systems; Unix, NT and Linux
- Experience with databases; Oracle and SQL Server 2000
- Experience with deployment applications; Symantec Ghost
- Experience with programming languages; VB Script, VB6, .Net, SQL
- Experience with Cisco and 3Com network switches and network monitoring utilities
- Experience with Citrix Metaframe
- Proficiency with OSI PI is preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.