Strategy Director, China
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Founded in 1897, Lonza today is the preferred global partner to the pharmaceutical, biotech and nutrition markets. We work to prevent illness and enable a healthier world by supporting our customers to deliver new and innovative medicines that help treat a wide range of diseases. We achieve this by combining technological insight with world-class manufacturing, scientific expertise and process excellence. These enable our customers to commercialize their discoveries and innovations in the healthcare sector.
As Strategy Director, China, you will lead the development of strategic priorities and implementation plans for Lonza business in China, oversee the successful implementation of these strategic plans. You will need clearly understand Corporate Strategies, cascade them down to China, collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to form Lonza China strategy, based on clear understanding of China market situation, regulatory environment, and Lonza current development in China. You will also need to assist China leadership team and GM to ensure mission critical issues are duly considered and key China business initiatives are carried out timely, by leading key China strategic / transformational projects.
- Liaison with Global Strategy functions and translate corporate / divisional strategies into requirements for Lonza China.
- Take a lead to integrate the inputs from business units and functions to develop Lonza China strategy, supported with solid data and sound business rationale.
- Oversee the implementation of the strategic priorities and Lead key strategic projects
- Coordinate China leadership team monthly meetings and strategic workshops.
- Capture opportunities/ideas from China Leadership Team and other sources as identified over the course of the year and take initiatives to develop implementation plans and oversees the progress of execution.
- Drives improvements to internal processes and customer focused services
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor or above, majoring in Bio or Pharma, science related subject; MBA preferred;
- Extensive of progressive business experience, most preferably in biotech, pharmaceutical, business consulting experience in top consulting firms
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking, able to quickly learn in new & diverse environment and develop concrete solutions from complex situations.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Dynamic characteristics to influence based on clearly articulated recommendations and concisely presented data that anticipate leadership questions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment is crucial
- Strong ability to understand and operate in multi-Cultural environment (local and international) as well as ability to work collaboratively within a matrix environment. International experience (US, EU) is a strong plus
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.