Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an opportunity available for a Materials Planner to join our Supply Chain team, initially based 100% remotely and eventually 2 days on site (Slough) and 3 days remotely.
The role of the Materials Planner is to ensure that the materials requirements plans are completed to ensure the timely availability of materials to support the product supply plan.
- Perform all routine tasks to convert planned orders into material plans including the creation and management of material planned requirements
- Execution of key tasks to support inventory plans and optimization initiatives
- Liaison with Supply Planner and Schedulers to ensure all material plans are up to date and responsive to changes in material requirements
- Creation and maintenance of detailed material planning parameters in Planning systems
- Liaison with procurement to agree conversion of the material requirements plan into Purchase Orders
- Expediting material availability through liaison with procurement and teams involved with inbound material processing
- Creation and management of material related KPIs and measures to ensure accurate understanding of material availability
- Execution of key material availability, mobilization or write actions to support optimal management of inventory while reducing scrap/waste
- Liaise with key stakeholders (Supply Planner, Scheduler and PM) to develop safety stock and inventory plans to meet production plans
- Track, report and facilitate on-time material availability including testing and release for production
What we are looking for:
- SAP ECC experience – imperative as this is the primary space in which you will be working
- An understanding of how MRP works
- Proactive individual with strong communication skills
- Background in supply planning / raw materials planning
- Biotech / FMCG or other related industry background
- Strong knowledge of Excel – if you have VBA experience this will be a strong advantage
- Degree in a supply chain related subject an advantage but not imperative
- CPIM qualification an advantage but not imperative
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.