Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza has an opening for a QA/QC Technician in Kingston, ON. As a member of the Quality Team, the QA/QC Technician will have responsibility for daily quality control activities to support product realization from material incoming to product release and will aid in the maintenance and improvement of the Quality System within an ISO 13485 and 9001 environments.
- Sampling, inspecting and measuring incoming raw materials according to established material and component specifications.
- Sampling, inspecting, and measuring in‐process and finished devices according to applicable quality control specifications and procedures.
- Ensure manufacturing compliance with detailed operating procedures.
- As required, initiate nonconforming material/product reports (NCR) and supplier corrective action reports (SCAR).
- Investigate nonconformities and determine corrective and preventive actions (CAPA).
- Participate in Quality Management System (QMS) audit programs to evaluate compliance to relevant standards, directives, regulations, and policies.
- Participate in the maintenance of design history files and device master records.
- Maintain records as dictated by the Quality System.
- Update and maintain Quality System to ensure compliance with relevant standards and requirements.
- Ensure calibrations and preventative maintenance for all manufacturing equipment are up-to-date.
- University degree or College diploma in Engineering, Science, Mechanical or Electronic discipline
- CQT or CQI (or other quality related certification) (ASQ) is preferred
- Working experience in Incoming Inspection
- Working experience in In Process Inspection
- Working experience with a recognized Quality Management System.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Good record keeping and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication.
- Will be working on the shop floor as well as in the office.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.