Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Provides leadership and technical support to team associates in Manufacturing. Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment, developing team ownership, coaching individual and team performance to ensure achieving business results and other department goals.
- The production supervisor / shift leader is responsible for leading the team to achieve production goals and KPI’s including but not limited to Safety, Quality, Productivity, Attendance, Teamwork, On-time delivery, Innovation, Continuous Improvement and Costs.
- Coaching and development to employees to ensure maximum career potential.
- Assuring all employees are in compliance to cGMP’s.
- Monitoring productivity and capsule quality of machines in MFG.
- Conducting monthly safety meetings and resolving any safety issues brought forward.
- Troubleshooting both hard gelatin machines (HGC) and Vcaps plus (VCP) HCMs, Borsor, Unisor, ILD-iBox.
- Supporting customer and oversight audits for colleague, document, and training compliance
- Generating reports, documents and graphs in MFG applications and report to management
- Conducting performance reviews and providing coaching to colleagues to reach maximum potential.
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts, including weekends, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to work additional hours/days as business needs dictate.
- Attendance in the plant site is considered an essential function.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma or GED required. Bachelor degree strongly preferred
- Previous manufacturing leadership experience preferred
- Must score 100 or below on the Color Test
- Ability to make process decisions under time constraints
- Intermediate computer skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Public speaking and presentation experience
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50Ibs or more
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.