Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Process Engineer reports to the Sr. Manager, Engineering. The incumbent will make decisions related to achieving production objectives, and GMP compliance. They will also be required to maintain a portfolio of cost saving/process improvement projects in all phases of the project process. Another responsibility will be participation in or leading Root Cause Corrective Action activities to permanently eliminate defects. They will utilize DMAIC methodology to solve problems and non-conformances and therefore will need to work with various groups within the organization to resolve these and other issues. The Process Engineer is also responsible for generating technical work instructions and SOPs that will serve as a platform to train manufacturing colleagues. This position currently does not have direct reports.
- Monitoring productivity and capsule quality of machines in MFG to determine most efficient and repeatable processing parameters.
- Monitor and trend Overall Equipment Effectiveness of machines in MFG to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Reengineer processes to reduce variation, streamline operations and support cost cutting initiatives.
- Support the Continuous Improvement Engineer with the development & implementation of a Lean Strategy as it applies to layout work instructions, and work flow.
- Identify and implement initiatives to improve key operational metrics: OEE, MUR, Yield, RFT.
- Oversee the design, implementation and commissioning of key projects in manufacturing to improve safety, quality, cost and capacity.
- Ability to generate documents and graphs in MFG applications and report to management
- Perform HCM production analysis and develops proposals for process improvements
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Lead Kaizen events to initiate improvements within and between departments.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Ability to make decisions under time constraints
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Public speaking and presentation experience
- Ability to make sound business decisions in dynamic work environment.
- Proven track record implementing continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience working in FDA regulated environment is preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.