Manufacturing Team Leader mRNA
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have recently been confirmed as the global manufacturing partner for Moderna’s vaccine against the novel coronavirus, providing a tenfold manufacturing capacity increase. As other businesses face increasing economic uncertainty, we are fortunate to have opportunities for expansion. Through this new collaboration, our work will have a significant, direct and long-term impact on the management of this global pandemic.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Team Lead to join our Manufacturing team mRNA for Lonza Geleen. The Manufacturing Team Lead is responsible for the day to day routine manufacturing activities, delivering the set output together with his/her team. The position requires experience in biological processing and a very precise and responsible working attitude. The position involves supervisory tasks and also involvement in recruitment and selection. The Manufacturing Team Lead leads a team of production operators (several levels) and acts as the example for the group.
- GMP manufacturing activities: managing, performing and witnessing all biological processing in compliance with cGMP regulations.
- Plan, organize and coordinate production/maintenance/cleaning activities in production areas.
- To ensure generation, review and approval of manufacturing documents in coordination with other departments and in accordance with GMP regulations.
- Ensures best aseptic practices are adhered too, actively participates in continuous improvements.
- Initiation and timely follow up of deviations, CAPA’s and Changes in collaboration with the deviation investigator.
- Close cooperation with the manufacturing manager/Asset Head providing clear and concise communication on the progress of routine manufacturing work execution and notifying all observed deviations in a timely manner towards manufacturing manager/Asset Head and/or asset head manufacturing.
- Responsible for the qualification and development of his/her team.
- Safeguarding quality and overall GMP compliance related to manufacturing activities.
- Responsible for appropriate handover of information between teams.
- Acts as a role model for the team.
- Assures discipline, an efficient work environment where employees want to stay and grow.
- Bachelor degree in Science, Biotechnology or related discipline
- Strong planning, prioritization, and scheduling skills
- Strong ability to speak publicly. Displays a calm and controlled demeanor in all situations.
- Strong ability to interpret data and troubleshoot testing in area of expertise.
- Perform assigned, complex and/or varied tasks.
- Excellent ability to problem solve. Changes work within their group quickly in unexpected situations.
- Clearly outlines and gives instructions to their team.
- Excellent ability to communicate in both written and verbal format. Is able to clearly communicate via email or memo as required.
- Relate to others in a team setting
- Maintain positive attitude and emotional composure in a team environment.
- Positive can do attitude, good listener who follows through on requests from management and or staff. Able to effectively influence. Is flexible and adaptable to meet business needs. Timeliness in completing assigned tasks.
- Makes quality decisions independently and also with guidance from Manager.
- Maintain control of meetings with direct reports.
- Mentoring and leading direct reports.
- Able to deliver and own difficult messages to staff
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.